WEC was supported in 2017 – 2018 by important contributions from these funders and government agencies:
- Environmental Endowment of New Jersey
- Energy Foundation
- Fund for New Jersey
- Health Professionals & Allied Employees
- New Jersey Education Association
- New Ventures Fund
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- National Council for Occupational Safety and Health
- United Steelworkers District 4
WEC relies upon funding to conduct our work.
If you might be interested in supporting a campaign, project or providing operating support, please contact Dan Fatton, email@example.com or (609) 882-6100, ext 301.
WEC links to national organizations and campaigns, and to state and regional organizations doing similar work by:
- Utilizing an informal network of advisors on right to know, chemical security, and green chemistry issues, including representatives from national unions, the Coalition to Prevent Chemical Disasters, the SAFER network, and other organizations.
- Helping to lead the National Council for Occupational Safety and Health (COSH groups) composed of 20 coalitions across the nation.
- Piloting training with the Labor and Public Health Institutes, pioneers of participatory education to promote labor and environment collaboration.
- Being the first state participant in the Green Jobs for America campaign sponsored by the BlueGreen Alliance, United Steelworkers, Sierra Club, Natural Resources Defense Council, Green for All, and Working America.
Member benefits include:
- Reports, policy briefings and other program notices on important issues
- Invitations to the WEC Member Meeting & other special events
- Discounts on tickets and program ads for the annual WEC Awards Dinner
- Access to technical assistance network, speakers for your events. WEC staff, as well as volunteer experts, including physicians, industrial hygienists, attorneys, and other occupational health and safety professionals, are available to speak on many topics.
- Consultation on specific workplace safety and health hazards and on strategies to address them, including involving members, using government agencies, developing contract proposals, securing media coverage, etc.
- Support for our advocacy and policy work on healthy schools, chemical safety, right to know law, economic inequality and climate issues.
2017-18 ORGANIZATIONAL MEMBERS LIST
AFGE District 2
American Federation of Teachers/NJ
AFT Local 1766, Union of Rutgers Administrators
American Labor Museum
Anti-Poverty Network of New Jersey
Banking on New Jersey
Bergenfield Education Association
Bergen County Central Labor Council
Burlington Central Labor Council
Central Jersey Coalition Against Endless War
Clean Water Action – New Jersey
Concerned Citizens Coalition (of Long Branch)
CWA Local 1014
CWA Local 1032
CWA Local 1036
CWA Local 1037
CWA Local 1081 – NJNU
District 55 Allied Workers of America
East Brunswick Education Association
Environment New Jersey
Essex-West Hudson Labor Council, AFL-CIO
East Orange Education Association
Elizabeth Education Association
Glen Rock Education Association
Health Professionals & Allied Employees – AFT
HPAE Local 5030 at Palisades Medical Center
HPAE Local 5185 at Bayonne Medical Center
Hudson County Central Labor Council, AFL-CIO
IBT Local 469
IBT Local 877
Ironbound Community Corporation
The Labor Institute
Middlesex-Somerset County Labor Council
Mom’s Clean Air Force
NAACP Metuchen Edison
New Brunswick Education Association
NJ Audubon Society
NJ Citizen Action
NJ Education Association
NJ Sierra Club
NJ State Industrial Union Council
Education Association of Passaic
Paterson Education Association
Professional Firefighters Association of New Jersey
ReThink Energy NJ
Shore Nurses Union/New York State Nurses Association
Trenton Education Association
United Steelworkers (USW) District 4
USW Local 4-397
USW Local 4-200
USW Local 4-406
USW Local 4-417
USW Local 8972
USW Local 4-943
UWUA Local 601
Vineland Education Association
We also know that we need your support to continue our work.
Please become a member to help WEC celebrate 30 years of advocating for and defending environmental, community and worker friendly policies and regulations.