The New Jersey Work Environment Council (WEC) is a coalition of 70 labor, community, and environmental organizations advocating for safe, secure jobs and a healthy, sustainable environment.
WEC seeks an experienced Office Manager to be responsible for the general operation of our office and provide support to the Executive Director and Staff. This position begins ASAP and is part-time, Monday – Thursday/32 hours a week. The deadline to apply is January 20, 2022, and ideally the position will begin on February 1. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please. The office is located in Trenton, NJ.
Job Responsibilities Include:
* Assist the Executive Director with routine day-to-day operations
* Oversee general office operation
* Maintain business equipment, ordering office supplies, answering phones, and processing mail
* Track membership dues, staff timesheets and expense reports
* Update member database, website, and calendars
* Create emails blasts for events, trainings, and meetings
* Liaison to the Board of Directors and Sub Committees
* Maintain Salsa Labs database
* Liaison to the bookkeeper
* Event planning, scheduling, and coordination for WEC’s annual fundraiser and other programs
* Assist program staff on an as-needed basis with general clerical and administrative tasks
* Track vendor contract renewals
* Update various government systems to keep WEC in compliance
* A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
* A minimum of five years’ experience in office administration
* Excellent computer skills, Microsoft 365, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
* Experience with Salsa Labs a plus
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities: strong organizational and time management skills, detail oriented. Candidate must be able to work independently and be proficient in database entry work and Microsoft 365.
WEC is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, persons with disabilities, and LGBT individuals are urged to apply. The position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement with the United Steelworkers that includes generous benefits, including health care, pension, and paid time off. The hourly rate is $23.60.
Candidates should send a cover letter and resume, which includes contact information for two professional references, to Debra Coyle, Executive Director to email@example.com. The deadline to apply for this position is January 10, 2022.
For more information about WEC, go to our website at www.njwec.org.