WEC offers quality, interactive training using a participatory methodology that encourages problem-solving and critical thinking to address important health and safety issues in the workplace.
WEC invites you to participate in two programs in September.
Thursday, September 21
8:30 AM – 1:00 PM (8:00 AM Registration)
Foundation for Educational Advancement
12 Centre Drive
Every employer should have an overall injury and illness prevention program. Prevention programs improve health and safety conditions for both large and small employers, reduce workplace injuries and illnesses, improve compliance with laws and regulations, and reduce workers’ compensation premiums.
This interactive workshop will include:
- An introduction to OSHA and key aspects of an effective Injury and Illness Prevention Program.
- An introduction to the concept of using the proactive Systems of Safety approach to identify and control hazards.
- Guest speaker from the American Heart Association’s Workplace Health Solutions — a free, evidenced-based workplace health program that can help improve productivity, morale and positively impact the bottom line.*
Tuesday, September 26
9:00 AM – 1:00 PM (8:30 AM Registration)
NJ Work Environment Council
7 Dunmore Avenue
Join Us as We Discuss:
- Workplace violence prevention strategies
- Identifying safety system failures in the workplace
- OSHA and NJ state regulations that address workplace violence
- Guest Speaker Edwin Moore, State of NJ Office of Homeland Security & Preparedness* on how to respond to an active shooter
*Guest speaker is not funded by a Susan Harwood grant from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, U.S. Department of Labor.
This material was produced under grant SH-29609-SH6 from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, U.S. Department of Labor. It does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the U.S. Department of Labor, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.